Wednesday, August 17, 2011

No Tampons in China...

I have faxed my contract to my new boss in China, and I am in the process of filling out the paperwork for my visa.  There is so much on my to do list now that I have found out about my offer.  I have never even owned a passport prior to the job offer.  

Some fun facts for packing…no deodorant or tampons in China!  After doing some research, I found out that because of their diet and genetic factors, Chinese people don’t emit the same odors that we try to cover up.  If a city in China is heavily populated with foreigners, deodorant is easier to find, but it will still be difficult to find the popular brands we commonly use here in the States.  

Also, due to the culture and misunderstandings about tampons, pads are the preferred method of feminine hygiene.  Tampons tend to be much more expensive or even difficult to come across in China.  Well I don’t know about you guys, no pun intended, but I’m not sure I will be able to part with my feminine hygiene tools.    

As of right now, after training, I will be in the city of Changchun.  Changchun is the capital of the Jilin Province.  In red is Changchun and the orange is the Jilin Province.   

 
These are a couple of Google images of the city:



2 comments:

  1. Im happy for you, I know thaat they wont have a lot of stuff that we have as a commodity here in the States.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks babe for being so supportive!!! You can mail me tampons while I'm gone! Lol I sure am going to miss u babe!

    ReplyDelete